Our Valued Patients,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are strictly adhered to so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We also stay up to date on new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff in Danville, California. For example:
- We request that all patients wear a mask at all times when they arrive for their appointment. If you do not have one, we can provide one for you.
- We will be checking temperatures upon arrival. Fever has been shown to be an indicator of a possible infection.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We have HEPA air purification systems positioned throughout the office. In addition, after every patient appointment, we use a fogger in each room to eliminate aerosols.
- During patient care, we are using additional high-volume evacuation as well as extra oral suctions with HEPA filtrations.
- To reduce aerosolization of microbes, we are introducing an oral pre-rinse for all patients before we begin any treatment or services.
- You will notice that our team is wearing additional personal protective equipment to enhance everyone’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep our patients and our staff safe in our practice. To make an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Richard Koeltl, please call our office at 925-736-4201. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to caring for our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your RK Dentistry Team