Cavities are caused by the removal of tooth enamel and the creation of holes in our teeth. Tooth enamel is most easily removed by plaque buildup that uses ingredients such as sugar to create harmful acids to eat their way through the enamel. Only with effective cleaning habits and daily upkeep can we keep plaque buildup at bay. Here are some oral health care tips to prevent cavities:
– Visit RK Dentistry during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Improve your daily habits by implementing additional daily oral health care habits into your routine, such as using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
– Eat healthy and nourishing foods, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Floss your teeth at least once per day with high quality dental floss or a dental flossing device.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help prevent tooth decay.
– Try to brush twice a day with ADA-approved toothpaste, and use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Try to avoid any types of snacks and candies that are high in sugar and difficult to remove from your teeth and gums.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Richard J. Koeltl at our office in Danville, California. We can be reached via phone at 925-736-4201. We strive to give you the shine and color your smile needs.